So if you have a patient with a thrombus, don’t automatically jump to the conclusion that he or she has a hereditary thrombotic disorder, such as factor V Leiden! Many times, thrombi are caused by the presence of too many risk factors (e.g, a patient who smokes, takes oral contraceptives, and is obese). However, if there are not many risk factors present, you may want to consider the possiblility of a hereditary thrombotic disorder. You should start worrying if other family members have venous thrombi, if the thrombus is anywhere other than the leg veins or lungs, if the patient is young, or if there have been multiple thrombotic episodes.
Tagsacute leukemia acute lymphoblastic leukemia acute myeloid leukemia acute promyelocytic leukemia Add new tag anemia b cells blood smear bone marrow brain tumors carcinoma cases chronic myelofibrosis chronic myeloid leukemia chronic myeloproliferative disorders coagulation cortisol cytochemistry cytogenetics essential thrombocythemia heart hemophilia immunology infection inflammation kaplan kidney laboratory tests lymphocyte lymphocytes lymphoma macrophages neoplasia neutrophil normal photoblog polycythemia vera red blood cells red cells sickle cell anemia skin squamous cell carcinoma stains student questions t cells
- Amanulla said In duodenal ulcer… If antrum is affected more.. Is it not causing atrophy of G celsss thereby...
- Hassan A Raza said This was great! Funny, informative, straight to the point. I love how the wording was comical, simil...
- natalia said Amazing answer.Thank you!
- Jyh said Thanks for the explanation!
- Ankita said Wow! Thank u..
- bunni said thanks for explaining it so clearly…thanks a lot
- Dave said Thank you so much, it is really helpful. This problem used to haunt me a lot.
- Thomas Ndeule said Thanx for very good explanation .
- vineeta said really liked your short newsletters…path bites. Waiting for Top 10 Anemias E-Book.
- Swapnil said It’s averry helpfull 2 understood them
- Badiee Moussa said Great site!Thank you
- gede sariputra said Wow………….after 30 years left university table…this is the amazing refre...